Wednesday 9 September 2009

Peppercorn Mala Beads

My mam is Buddhist and lives in a Dharma. This year, she has asked for a string of 108 mala beads for her birthday to help her pray. Its not her birthday until November, but I wanted to make her beads right away as a thank you present.

My mam has given me the biggest gift anyone could ever give. She has helped me both practically and emotionally through some terrible times. Thank you mam, I love you xxxx

P.S. These beads were made and strung on 09/09/09. Numerology teaches us that 9 is the number of compassion.

12 comments:

ArtSparker said...

And 9 x12 = 108. Beautiful present - I wonder if your mother will felt them further when she uses them?

Manya Maratou said...

the beads are lovely, the field is lovely, is that a bridge?-
how are you?
xx

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Your gift looks edible... I do love the dappling of color, of the felt(?) Would the white one be the sumeru? -J

Jasmine said...

Susan - I hadn't made the connection of 12 x 9. Thank you.

Manya - I'm feeling much better today, thank you xx

J - Sumeru? An interesting thought, I will ask my mam :) I am not Buddhist myself so am unsure. I added the white bead more for a sense of contrast and that the natural white wool is so beautiful and simple.

Caio Fern said...

this is a pretty one . but i kind of feel like to squizy , maybe because of the lovely texture it seems to have .

Yvette said...

every touch during prayer is a kiss for you..and every touch make the felt stronger and you too!

Jasmine said...

Caio - you could be right. Like most things I do right now, it is an experiment.Time will tell.

Yvette - You say the nicest things :)

Ruthie Redden said...

how beautiful! *ruthie*

velvetwoods said...

Beautiful gift.
Happy birthday to your mum.
She sounds lovely.

Art4Sol said...

A wonderful gift. She will be thinking of you even more than before!
Congrats, you're a winner over at Judy's!

lettuce said...

its beautiful - what a lovely thing to make for someone, and to have made for you

Cynthia said...

pretty and spiritual. didn't realize is the
number of compassion.