Friday 31 July 2009

Miina Savolainen - The loveliest girl in the world

A few days ago Ruthie reviewed Miina Savolainen's book, 'the lovliest girl in the world' on her inspirational blog '5 precious things'.

The book is a community project which has been developed over a number of years. The ethos behind the book is to empower young women, teaching them how to become visible and accept themselves. The images have a Pre-Raphaelite, Aesthetic quality that transports me to another world, a kinder world.

The book has struck a chord with me so deeply that I must share it with you. For many years I have worked within the homelessness sector. It is something that I feel very passionately about. Each of my clients has had extremely low self esteem. The impact of a project such as 'the loveliest girl in the world' would have upon my client group is invaluable.

I can only thank Miina Savolainen for her vision and exceptional talent and sharing it with the world, and most importantly her models. Miina is the loveliest girl in the world.

I encourage you to click n the links above that will take you to the web page for 'The Loveliest Girl in the World' and also to Ruthie's blog where this book is reviewed much better than it is here.

6 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I think the way a photographer works with models can be quite transformative.

Tammie Lee said...

This is a wonderful and unique project.
Thank you for sharing this as it is quite inspiring.

Caio Fern said...

you are right . this is inspiring and beautiful .
i went to her blog too .
thank you for share all this . it was a real gift for my eyes .

Ruthie Redden said...

Hi Jasmine, if you do ever hear how & where we could get a copy pleeese could u let me know! i am fascinated by this project & its outcomes & thrilled that you are spreading the word too. ( ps ur review is beautiful - i often feel i dont add enough info) have a wonderful weekend x x ruthie

Jenny said...

Hi Jasmine,

Wonderful photos. This nature resembles the one of my own country (Sweden). Miina Savolainen sounds like Finnish name.

I am so glad that you visited my blog so that I found yours. It is a beautiful and natural place.

Thanks,

Jenny

velvetwoods said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely info & pics.I will for sure it checked it out.